Curly hair, a blessing and a curse. How many times have you left a salon and tied your hair up to contain the mass of frizz created by a pin drop of product and general lack of knowledge about curls?
Having curls herself, Leanne has been through the struggle of terrible haircuts and playing the waiting game for those crimes against curls to grow out. Taking the good with the bad, Leanne had an ambition to change the game, to embrace the beautiful blessing that is the curl. She now has the experience and knowledge in recommending new styles and products to suit all types of curly hair.
The Sirocco Curl Queen will provide you and your twirly locks with the perfect cut and styling advice to embrace, love and feel confident with your curls.
HOME CURL CARE
- If you feel like you need to re wet your curls every day to tame them it is ok just to run water through them in the shower instead of shampooing every day.
- For non greasy hair types try Co-washing (conditioner only wash). Basically you just skip the shampoo stage and just condition your curls. This will detangle the locks and add more moisture and shine to the hair.
- After your shower make sure you comb out your knots. Opt for a wide toothed comb or a Tangle Teezer brush and only when it is thoroughly wet.
- When combing your hair, gradually move upwards instead of starting at the roots. It’s much easier to comb out knots at the ends first. For longer hair try splitting your hair in four pieces, the sides and two sections at the back and doing a section at a time.
- For more defined ringlets without the frizz, section your hair into rows starting from the bottom and separate your hair into twists. Use ample product when doing this.
- If you prefer to dry your curls rather than air drying, always use a diffuser attachment with your hair dryer.
- For more volume and root lift, flip your head over with your hair hanging upside down. This will stop it drying like a curly triangle.
- When drying your curls with a dryer you can either opt for drying them half way on a low speed with heat to dry them quickly then tame down the frizz with a little extra product and leave to dry the rest naturally.
- Another option if you have the time, is to use to the diffuser and dry your curls the entire way on the cold setting. This will reduce the frizz and maximise shine.
- For those pesky bits that just didn’t want to curl or that have frizzed out way too much, use a conical curling wand (only on fully dry hair). Lightly twist the hair as you wrap it around the wand.
- To reduce knots when sleeping opt for a Satin pillow case. This will help your hair slide across the pillow with less resistance and static reducing the chances of breakage. Cotton tends to absorb a lot of your hair’s natural oil and moisture, two things curly hair really needs.
- If your hair is long enough try tying it up in a “pineapple” on top of your head. This will keep your hair from turning into a knotty ball. Use a soft 80’s style scrunchy and try to get it as close to your front hairline
- If you tend to leave your curls for several days in between washes, a great way to tame down those fluffy fly away pieces and dry ends is to add a bit of styling oil to your mid lengths and end. Moroccan oil or Oi oil is perfect for this.
ADD BOUNCE BACK TO CURLS WITH NOURISHING TREATMENTS BY DAVINES. SHAMPOOS, CONDITIONERS, MOISTURIZING MOUSSES AND CURL BUILDING SERUMS ARE MADE TO RESIST HUMIDITY, PREVENT FRIZZ AND GIVE ELASTICITY BACK TO CURLS. HEALTHY, VIVACIOUS CURLS AWAIT.
Love Curl Shampoo
Ideal for curly or wavy hair for increased elasticity. Its formula, characterised by a soft and creamy foam, is designed to gently cleanse curly or wavy hair leaving it soft and light, and giving volume.
Love Curl Conditioner
Ideal for curly or wavy hair for increased volume. Its formula is designed to condition curly or wavy hair leaving it soft and light, and adding elasticity and volume. It does not weigh down the hair.
Love Curl Cream
Ideal for all curly or wavy hair to achieve better definition. Its leave-on formula is recommended to define curls in an invisible way. It does not weigh down the hair. It does not leave residue and keeps the hair soft and shiny.
Davines Curl Serum
Ideal for a look with defined, bouncy curls.
- enhances curls in wavy hair
- gives elasticity to curls
- defines without weighing down
- natural glossy effect
- anti-frizz effect
- humidity resistant
Momo Hair Potion
Ideal for all types of hair requiring hydration. Its leave-on formula is characterized by a silky texture and is designed to deeply hydrate all the hair requiring it. It does not weigh down the hair. It gives hydration, leaving the hair soft and shiny.
The scent that characterizes the MOMO family has a fruity and green note.
STYLE CUTS FOR CURLS